Asset Services Manager
ATCO Gas Australia
12:40 PM PANEL DISCUSSION: Balancing the Need for IT Infrastructure Development with Energy Efficiency
When implementing effective asset management strategies the performance of the asset increases and the return on the asset will improve. However sometimes asset costs demonstrate the competing interests of universities. Investing in IT infrastructure to create state of the art research facilities can greatly increase the value of a building to the university, but at the same time also drastically increase its operating costs.
- What is the cost-benefit analysis of investing in IT Infrastructure when it does have expensive operation costs
- Is there such a thing as ideal energy consumption for existing buildings?
- When should a building place a limit on the amount of energy its IT infrastructure consumes?
- How can renewable energies assist in the highenergy consumption infrastructure
- Automated electrical processes, such as motionsensory light switches, that can reduce costs of energy consumption
- Utilising the Internet of Things to measure and monitor energy consumption
- Discussing renewable energies as a way to subsidize energy costs
9:50 AM Cross Sector Case Study: Reducing Risk Management through Quantitative Risk Scores and External Collaboration
This case study focuses on the bigger picture of strategic asset management and the decision making process that is involved. Many different industries face a similar challenge, having assets that were built 50 years ago and now require maintenance. As such, this session will provide a cross-industry overview of the effectiveness of strategic asset management plans.
It will discuss:
- Understanding the life cycle process in the most efficient way with the least amount of expenditure
- Monitoring the risk to ensure a reduction through quantitative risk scores
- Establishing the risk with the least likelihood of failure to ensure investments are more confidently made